Skip to main content

One day trip to the past or Baekje Festival

 I have had no voice for 3 days now, I take medicine, but it doesn’t help. And since I can’t talk, I decided to express my thoughts in a post. Better yet, I’ll share with you one of my latest travels. I have more than 500 photos on my phone from this trip. And this is another quest to choose the best photos.

Last week in Korea there was the Baekje Festival, in honour of one of the very first states on the Korean Peninsula. So my friends and I went to the city where this state used to be located.

The scale of the festival was terrific. The holiday atmosphere was felt in every corner of the city. And it seemed we were transported several centuries ago to that same state of Baekje.

First, let me introduce you to this cute magical beast. In the old days, such an animal stood at the entrance to houses, as well as in the tombs of kings. People believed that it protected against evil spirits.

That’s why we met this animal at the festival. He defended the festival.

The festival took place in the city of Gongju. This is one of the most historical cities in Korea. Every corner here is imbued with history. We began our acquaintance with the city with the village of Hanok. Just imagine that people once lived in villages like these. There were no glass skyscrapers, no bright banners.

It seems to me that even the air is completely different. There are also a lot of lotus ponds in the city. Even in Hanok Village, there is a small lotus pond, but the lotuses are no longer in bloom.

I am always amazed by the creativity of Koreans and their approach to organizing various events. They think through the smallest details, which together create a magical world. And this small island of artificial roses added romance to the atmosphere of history.

Before returning home, we decided to look into one more magical place. This is the Royal Lotus Park. And one of the Instagrammable places here is the pavilion and the bridge that connects it to the ground.

Unfortunately, the lotus blossom season had already ended, so we did not see lotus flowers, but this did not deteriorate the wonderful atmosphere and our mood.

This was a 1-day trip. We left Seoul early in the morning and returned home the next morning. Despite the busy schedule of our trip, we rested, regained our energy and received incredible emotions and memories.

I belong to that category of travellers who love active and educational trips. Therefore, this 1 day in another city was an ideal way for me to relax and relieve stress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High school graduation exam in Korea or Korean version of SAT

Who doesn’t like to have fun? Of course, everyone likes to chill outside instead of studying or working. Especially, when it is a golden fall season and the weather is perfect to stay outside. But, unfortunately, some people can’t go out and take a rest. I am talking about high school students, who are going to graduate soon. Seokchon Lake, Seoul Every year in the mid of November Korean high school students have graduation exams or something like an SAT exam in the US, or a Unified State Exam (USE) in Russia. It is a national exam, which is very important. Because exam scores will decide which university students will go to. And that is very important, because as many of you probably know, there is a strong hierarchy in Korean society, and the rank of University plays a significant role as well. And everyone tries to get admission to the high-ranked University. I didn’t take the American version of SAT nor the Korean one. So, I can’t tell you about it in detail. But my brother passed U

Getting Closer to Korean Aviation

It was a while since I took you with me on my trips around Korea. I have lots of photos, notes, and emotions that I want to share with you. And today I want to show you one of the museums, that I visited a couple of weeks ago. It is a National Aviation Museum of Korea that opened its doors just in July 2020. National Aviation Museum of Korea The museum is located in Seoul, right near the Gimpo Airport. So, if you will be around the Gimpo Airport, and have free time, visit the museum. It is free of charge, except for different activities that you can try in the museum. But most of them are not so expensive, around $1-3. At the entrance to the museum, you will meet a cute plane robot. It has a name but I don’t really remember… The museum looks small from the outside, however, there are 3 floors full of different exhibitions, rest zones, etc. 1st Floor of the museum We started from the very 1st floor. It is the largest hall I think. It starts with a history of world aviation. Visitors can

TOPIK? What's this?

In the next section, you can see how points are distributed. You must have heard about the TOPIK exam. TOPIK is short for Test of Proficiency in Korean. And it is the most popular exam to determine the level of knowledge of the Korean language. Let's get to know this exam a little closer. The TOPIK certificate is asked for when entering a university in Korea when applying for a job when applying for a visa. Also, many universities in Korea can give you a grant in the form of a tuition discount depending on your TOPIK level.  History of TOPIK The very first TOPIK exam took place in 1997, and then only 2,274 people took it. And in 2021, a total of 330,016 people registered for the exam! Types of TOPIK Previously, TOPIK was divided into 2 types: B-TOPIK and S-TOPIK . What is the difference? S-TOPIK or Standard TOPIK is a regular TOPIK, i.e. for general purposes. A B-TOPIK or Business TOPIK for employment. S-TOPIK, in turn, was divided into elementary (1-2), intermediate (3-4) and adva